It is crucial for all imaging centers to generate cash, fill empty slots and get new patients. Especially now with the coronavirus outbreak, it is more important than ever to get found by new potential patients. Here are some marketing tips medical imaging centers will find useful.
1. Run Google Ads
If you are not utilizing Google Ads we would highly recommend so. It is the best and the fastest way how to get in front of your patients when they are looking for you.
2. If you have Google Ads in place, audit them
If you have Google Ads up and running, we would recommend auditing them. Doublecheck if everything is set up correctly – keywords, ads, geographic areas you want to target, etc.
2.1 All relevant keywords and keyword categories are utilized:
- near me keywords – Mammogram near me, MRI near me, ct scan near me, imaging center near me, radiology near me – are included in their Google Ads
- head keywords – mammogram, mri, ct scan…
- Zipcode + keyword – mri 75226, radiology 75226 etc.
- head keyword + location (neighborhood) – mammogram Dallas, imaging center dallas, women imaging center austin, ct scan carrollton etc.
- Other keywords categories and location keywords in broader geo area > increase reach
>> Would you like to learn more? Book a free marketing consultation! <<
- Make sure all your geo-locations are properly set up in campaigns + 5-15 miles radius
- Although remarketing is usually off the table with healthcare websites, in some cases you might be eligible to use remarketing. If you have remarketing lists approved we would suggest using Remarketing lists for search ads (RLSA) to increase bids for users who know/already visited your website in the past.
2.4 Audit your search queries
- Make sure traffic is as relevant as possible (search query report in google ads helps). This way you will be confident that your budget is spent wisely.
2.5 Other tips
Campaigns limited by the budget
If your campaigns are limited by the daily budget you do not receive as much traffic to your website as possible. Doublecheck your campaigns are not limited by the daily budget. In case there are some limitations, either increase the budget or decrease your bids (cost-per-click).
Considering what market you are in, you might want to take advantage of demographic data and adjust your bids based on this data. For example, if you are in a niche of women’s imaging centers, you would want to allocate more budget for searches made by women.
– As we mentioned, remarketing can be sometimes off the table in healthcare companies. However, it would be a no-brainer??? Not to use remarketing if you are allowed to. Based on our experience, we recommend remarketing in two phases – Short-term & Long-term.
Short-term remarketing would be intensive retargeting during 1-7 days after user left your website, long-term would be less intensive after 8-30 days after a visit.
4. Google my business Listings
– Google My Business listings help businesses to engage with their potential customers. Moreover, listings are available in Google maps and help users find relevant businesses within their geographic location. Having Google My Business listings up to date will significantly help your users when they are doing their research in Google Maps.
5. Bing Ads
Bing is the second biggest search engine after Google. With Google Ads and Bing Ads altogether, advertisers would have approximately 95% of all searches covered. With that in mind, we strongly advocate for importing your Google Ads into Bing Ads. This should be smooth and easy.
6. Bing Places for Business
– similarly to Google Ads, Bing also has its business listings. I would consider creating business listings there as well.
7. SEO – Search Engine Optimization – organic traffic
Although PPC is a fast way how to get more potential patients to your website we would make sure there are no roadblocks to organic traffic.
- creating Google Search Console to see if a crawler can read the website properly (sitemap, structure, no problems with 404 codes etc.)
- doublechecking of onsite SEO and meta tags (title, h1, URLs, meta description…) if they are unique and contain relevant keywords.
- make sure Google knows all URLs on their domain so they can be a landing page from organic traffic. They could do it simply by typing “site:domain.com” on Google. It looks like this:
If you would like to learn more about online marketing for your radiology, book a free consultation with us!